Saturday, December 24, 2011

Google Apps & CNAME issues

Hi, I am trying out Google Apps, and I do have access to my domain control panel, which is MyOrderBox.





As I am trying to add a new CNAME entry for google apps validation, it returned an error to say that my IP format is incorrect. I have input 'google.com' in the IP field. I know this is not an IP, however it is the only value that Google Apps provided.





Anyone has experienced this before, and what is your solution?|||It sounds like your hosting provider's control panel isn't cooperating. Rather than creating a CNAME record, you can validate your domain by uploading an HTML file.





See link below for instructions on validation via file upload.|||I have contacted my hosting company, seems like they have to do it manually somehow, I'm suspecting that the control panel I have access to is capable of handling only IP addresses for CNAME record.





Thanks for your answer.

Report Abuse


|||A CNAME is an alias for a machine. You should check what the address of the machine hosting your service is.

No comments:

Post a Comment